Last year my writing group went on a 5-day writing retreat in Northern California. You can read about it here.
It was such a positive experience that we’re going again this year. A few people from our group can’t make it, so we have some open slots for other writers to come an join us. Here’s the relevant information:
- Location: Fort Bragg (Northern California)
- July 25 – 30, 2014
- Gorgeous forest location with many acres to ourselves:http://www.vrbo.
- Comfortable house with beds, bathrooms, wifi, etc.
- We’re planning for a total of 8 writers to go, about 50/50 male/female
- All levels of experience welcome
- Lots of writing time, as well as group writing prompts and peer reviews
- Each person gets a dedicated “hot seat” time where the entire group sits down to talk about that person’s writing
- Strong feedback given to everyone who attends
- We’ll all contribute to making meals and cleaning dishes. (We’ll go to a nearby market beforehand and buy groceries)
- Total cost is $275, not including food and gas/travel expense. Flexible payments as needed. The money goes entirely to renting the house.
- If you’re interested in flying into town for this, somebody will be happy to carpool with you so you don’t need to worry about a car rental.
Did you click that link above to see the house we’ve rented? Yeah. We’re going there.
Our group has been together for three years, but we’re always open to meeting new people. None of us are published, but were dedicated to the craft. One person in our group does freelance editing for a small-press publisher. While we may not have any big-name mentors attending, you’ll get worthwhile, constructive critiques on whatever you’re working on.
Want to learn more? Just shoot me an email. Jason@dragonmount.com